gdbm reabase question

Hi,
a new version of gdbm is out. So I would like to update gdbm in
Rawhide.
(Important note to my question is that gdbm is in minimal buildroot.)

I've planned to do following (please correct me if I'm wrong it would
result in disaster):
1. build compat-gdbm package with current content of gdbm package
2. rebase gdbm package in rawhide (soname is changed!) and wait for
MassRebuild to rebuild other packages to rely back on gdbm instead
compat-gdbm

Question is:
Gdbm was also updated before F28 rebuild. But some packages failed to
build. So they still require compat-gdbm.

$ dnf repoquery --alldeps --whatrequires compat-gdbm
clisp-0:2.49-22.20170224hg.fc26.i686
clisp-0:2.49-22.20170224hg.fc26.x86_64
compat-gdbm-devel-0:1.14-5.fc28.i686
compat-gdbm-devel-0:1.14-5.fc28.x86_64
ntop-0:5.0.1-15.fc28.x86_64
perdition-0:2.1-7.fc26.i686
perdition-0:2.1-7.fc26.x86_64

What to do? Is it fine to left these three packages as broken and
normally update gdbm?

Thanks,
Marek