Re: FC4 slimfast slimfest

Paul A. Houle wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:09:25 +0100, Matthias Saou <thias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- tuxracer
  (nothing new in ages, and not a really exciting game)

This is my toddler's favorite game. It's the best way to put him to sleep.

- abiword, gnumeric
  (I use them a lot, but OOo is included)

So far as I'm concerned, all the "office" packages can go. I've found that 90% compatibility with MS Office isn't enough to work with the groups I work with and just wind up running the real thing under crossover.

OK, that's your experience.
That's still not an argument for not having an office suite in Fedora
Core.  It's not there for MS compatibility.
It also make abiword & gnumeric redundant and "extras" so they should be
moved to FE.