Re: FESCo Elections - May 2018 : Results announcement

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Randy Barlow <bowlofeggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Another way to achieve a similar goal (fewer elections) is to have all
of FESCo swap in/out together, rather than tick-tocking 4 and 5 seats.
This way we keep a year long term, but also only one election per year.

I recommended against this, because:

we'd wind up with twice as many candidates on the ballot at each election, which would make the elections more confusing (more names to recognize, more candidate interviews to read) and could backfire on us (as I'd expect voters are more likely to vote in simpler elections).

I would guess that the more names there are on the ballot, the less likely voters will be inclined to vote. Choice paralysis!

Michael