Re: Firefox with native Wayland backend at updates

On 06/01/2018 02:26 AM, mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 5:39 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We try hard to avoid messy menus with duplicate entries, and you get away
with adding an extra desktop entry to an application installed by default on
almost all Spins, for an experimental option?

Ugh yes, thanks for pointing this out, Kevin. I just assumed it had been done as a new desktop action in the existing desktop file (fairly hidden and harmless), but it's actually a new desktop file.

Unfortunately that desktop file action can't be selected at "Default Applications" which makes it fairly unusable.

Please remember that, if your package is installed by default in Workstation, the working group should approve any new visible desktop files, as the default desktop launchers are carefully-curated.

Okay and can I apply somewhere for that?

Martin, can you please fix this? I suggest adding a new desktop action to the existing desktop file instead, or else split the new Wayland desktop file into a subpackage that would need to be installed manually for the launcher to appear.

The desktop action is sub optimal as it can't be registered as a default application. If I create a separate rpm package it will contain just the desktop file and firefox-wayland shell launcher at /usr/bin.

ma.

Thanks,

Michael