Re: Prioritizing ~/.local/bin over /usr/bin on the PATH

On 29 May 2018 at 13:57, Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29.5.2018 14:44, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
This connected with using env in many current packages adds next batch of possibilities.

Agreed. Hence we try to fight env shebangs by brp scripts.

Problem is that this bpr script brs been already introduces something like few months ago.
Next day after new version of the redhat-rpm-config package with this brp script has been introduced someone should send ALL packages affected by this issue send as batch to rebuild..
Result is is that none of the Fedora packagers with proven packager permissions are involved in such changes which should be done under "Shoot And Forget".regime.
The same with not only critical changes but some improvements which should be introduces in SAF mode/regime.
~Year ago I've initiated some of such changes and they never been finished to the bottom of the list.

Few examples:

# (dnf -C repoquery --whatrequires initscripts; dnf -C repoquery --whatrequires systemd)|sort|uniq -d| wc -l
25
# dnf -C repoquery --whatrequires initscripts| wc -l
66

Q: How long already systemd iis in use in Fedora?

# dnf -C repoquery --whatrequires /sbin/ldconfig| wc -l
18675

# dnf -C repoquery --whatrequires /sbin/install-info| wc -l
389

Almost no one removes bcond macroisation for EOSed <=F25 oe epel{4,5}
.
.
(I can make this list at least 3-4 times longer)

In other words: I've already lost faith that using env will be wiped out because it is literally NULL focus of the Fedora Committees to coordinate, control and report progress on such changes.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH