Re: Firefox with native Wayland backend at updates

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:56:27AM +0200, Martin Stransky wrote:
> We have Firefox 60.0.1 with native Wayland backend at Fedora updates now:
>
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-c0674d672f
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-1f788d5c09
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-a62434cca8
>
> The Wayland backend is available as an extra desktop entry. Please
> report all wayland related issues to #BZ as usually. You should not
> notice any changes/regressions at default X11 backend.

Hi,

first of all, thanks for doing this. Finally having wayland-native ff
would be great.

I installed this update, and for me, this is the first version that is
usable through wayland, significantly improved over previous releases.
My gut feeling is that it's even snappier than the X version.

Nevertheless, there are still various glitches:
- reordering tabs using the mouse results in the tab being duplicated,
  not moved,
- trying to open links from other programs does not work. After a delay
  I see "Firefox is already running, but ...".
And there were some other buglets which I can't recall right now.

Should I file bugs for those in bugzilla?

Zbyszek