Re: /etc/profile.d/lang.sh -- still needed?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 8:39 PM, David Kaspar [Dee'Kej]
<dkaspar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I still get the feeling like we are not totally sure these scripts are still
> needed nowadays.

We definitely need it as long as we are relying on the environment
variable to set a locale. particularly to configure locale for
non-desktop spins. we could have another things though, it's simple
enough. dunno if we really want to have complex things for that.
Or at least you should clarify issues around it if any.

>                  Do you think it would be too much dangerous to test if we
> need still those files in Fedora via the System-wide Change? (I.e. do the
> change in rawhide, see if it breaks something. fallback if necessary.) It
> could at least tell us the current state of things, and maybe create a plan
> on how to fix things, so they could be eventually removed at some point.
>
> In any case I would like to find a new home for these scripts, so they don't
> "block" other work on initscripts package. And if it would turned out we
> can't remove those scripts yet, at least to do some cleanup in those scripts
> if possible.

how/what does those scripts "block"?

Akira TAGOH