Re: Upcoming gdouros-*-fonts license change and subsequent complications

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 2018-04-08 10:11, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek a écrit :
>>>
>>>  Nothing is set in stone yet, but some
>>> time soon he is going to upload a whole new license text (hopefully in
>>> English), probably something custom-made.
>

> Try to point it to the OFL and its FAQ, it has been created exactly for this
> purpose and is Fedora-compatible. Try to explain him that unless he is ready
> to pay a lot of money to lawyers drafting a licensing text that has the
> expected effect in all the jurisdictions his web site can reach is quite
> difficult.

I take it you are referring to this:
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=OFL_web

I understand and agree with all your points. From what he's let on,
the license has been drafted, he just hasn't found the time to prepare
everything else. When he does upload all the new stuff, I will check
with Fedora legal if there is any ambiguity and if the license is
indeed incompatible, I will bring up dual licensing and point him to
the SIL OFL.