Re: FC4 slimfast slimfest

Féliciano Matias wrote:

Le lundi 21 février 2005 à 13:54 -0700, Joshua Eichorn a écrit :

How about dropping some of the random documentation rpms we keep around, they don't follow a pattern anyway (ie we have exim-doc but no postfix-doc, we have python-doc but no php-doc or perl-doc)

I am not agree. If we provide exim, we provide *all* exim.

So we should drop packages used by high % of fedora users for the doc for tetex or exim which are used by a very small % users, and which are also available online?

And we should be held hostage in the future by any project that decides that bundling there docs (no matter how big) with the program is a good idea.

I would also like to point out, the exim docs are a good example of general space waste on docs packages, it contains html, pdf, ps, and texinfo docs so the same content 4 times (so im guessing just with some new configure flags could take 1/4 the space).
-josh