Re: Status of OwnCloud/NextCloud

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 15:59 Reindl Harald, <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 04.04.2018 um 16:51 schrieb James Hogarth:
> Last bit to debug before I can start testing an update of OC and NC is
> why my automated setup explodes with:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of
> OC\\Files\\Storage\\Local::copyFromStorage(OCP\\Files\\Storage
> $sourceStorage, $sourceInternalPath, $targetInternalPath) must be
> compatible with
> OC\\Files\\Storage\\Common::copyFromStorage(OCP\\Files\\Storage
> $sourceStorage, $sourceInternalPath, $targetInternalPath,
> $preserveMtime = false) in
> /usr/share/owncloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php on line 42"

because "$preserveMtime" is missing in one declaration and you must have
missed 1.5 years of PHP 7.0/7.1/7.2

"Declaration of ** must be compatible with **" is pretty clear and
nothing new, that was even a warning with PHP5 on a proper setup with
error_reporting = E_ALL for many years

Yes the error is clear... the fixes to get this working are suddenly nontrivial when I need to test a bunch of stuff in spare minutes between $realjob tasks.

Keep in mind this is not my code... this is owncloud code that I'll need to write maintainer patches for to ensure it works on F27 and F28 ... at times this means backporting changes ... especially where major php version changes are concerned.

This isn't usual  - indeed at a Fedora release that has a major PHP update much of my time will be spent on tackling issues like these.

I expect to spend 3-4 hours in bed tonight into the wee hours of the morning getting the basics in place so the current version can be safely installed on F28 and still run on F27 for both owncloud and nextcloud ... and then we can look to the major updates.