Re: Status of OwnCloud/NextCloud

On 4 April 2018 at 11:01, David Sommerseth <dazo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/04/18 21:00, Christian Glombek wrote:
>> I should probably add that the actual updater program has not been shipped in the rpms thus far. Although I'm not sure how this affects major updates, it is leading to problems elsewhere (i.e. people have to uninstall some apps on v13 and re-install them on v13.0.1 for them to work again).
>>
>> And how many people actually still run NC v10?
>
> I have two servers with NC v10 via EPEL 7 ... and getting increasingly concerned.

EPEL can't be updated and both owncloud and nextcloud upstreams are
(understandably) hostile to the old PHP version in EL7 ...

The EPEL policies forbid us from using SCL to get a newer PHP as well.

EPEL will be retired as soon as I've pushed an update with an EOL
notice - there is no upgrade path for EPEL packages.

If you are running owncloud/nexcloud on CentOS then you either need to
use their upstream packages or a container.

Once I've got OC/NC back up to date I'll push on with the "official"
Fedora container for them again.

This article will be critical for you in migrating your install to get
a current PHP on that EL7 system: https://www.hogarthuk.com/?q=node/15