Re: How to change release-monitoring bug-filing without pkgdb?

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 12:44 AM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/23/2018 08:27 PM, Christopher wrote:
> I received the following message about a new version of a package, but I'm
> unable to figure out how to change these settings, because I *AM*
> interested in bugs being filed (or at least... interested in trying it out).
>
> It also references pkgdb, but pkgdb is no longer available.

See the downthread post for link...

> Also, why is this confusingly called "the-new-hotness" instead of simply "
> release-monitoring.org". The name makes no sense, and creates unnecessary
> confusion.

It's a different application. release-monitoring (anitya) is the part
that polls for new releases and keeps track of whats current.
the-new-hotness listens for messages from that and files bugs for new
packages and does scratch builds. release-monitoring is distro agnostic,
but the-new-hotness is specifically for Fedora packages, is tied to koji
and bugzilla, etc.

Docs could definitely be better.

Thanks. That clarifies things significantly. "Docs could definitely be better" is a severe understatement :)

FWIW, I found the-new-hotness code at https://github.com/fedora-infra/the-new-hotness
I was going to try to do a pull request to improve the email message to make things a bit more clear, but that repo does not contain the message template that generated that email... so *shrug*, I don't know where that code is. It would be nice if one could more easily contribute to Fedora's infrastructure, much of which still remains a mystery to me.

kevin