Re: Spring cleaning my golang packages (orphaning now unused stuff)

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:03 PM, Jan Chaloupka <jchaloup@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>

> On 03/07/2018 08:29 PM, Fabio Valentini wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm going to orphan some of my golang packages that were initially pulled in
> by syncthing as dependencies, but have been dropped as dependencies again
> (... don't ask. golang people produce dependencies like rabbits make
> bunnies.).
>
> Most of them are fairly low maintenance packages, with only a few commits
> per year (if even that), and decent coverage with unit tests. All of them
> are up-to-date with the latest upstream git master or latest stable release,
> where available, except where I have indicated otherwise.
>
> Just write if you want to take over maintenance of one or more of these
> packages, and I'll transfer ownership of the package and its dependencies.
> Otherwise, I'll orphan the rest in about one week (March 14), after
> re-checking that nothing depends on them anymore.
>

> Feel free to transfer ownership of all packages you don't want to take care
> of to me. Not saying I will pet them but it would be unfortunate to keep
> them orphaned unless they are to be retired.

Hi Jan,

Good point. I don't think retiring the packages is necessary, since
they work fine and most upstream projects are still somewhat active.
The packages are just not used anymore (at least right now).

I can transfer ownership if you want, or I can make you co-admin and
we can take care of the packages together.
Whatever works better for you.

Fabio