Re: Call for testing of xserver 1.20 release candidates

On 03/05/2018 05:48 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Short version:
>
> $ sudo dnf copr enable ajax/upstream
> $ sudo dnf upgrade
>
> Long version:
>
> I've set up a copr containing a rebuild of the X server and drivers for
> the upstream 1.20 release candidates. Unfortunately the upstream and
> Fedora schedules didn't line up as well as I'd have liked, so I'm not
> going to try to land this for F28 GA. But I would _very_ much like to
> push this as an update, and would appreciate any and all testing and
> feedback.

I would say the opposite: land this today so that it can get in F28 Beta
(tomorrow starts package freeze for the beta release), and don't do a
post release update that changes the drivers ABI.

This way, you get all the Fedora QA testing that's done as part of the
release with the new xserver code, and avoid a disruptive post release
update that invalidates all the QA testing + creates a problematic ABI
change.

--
Kalev