Re: Official archiver of Fedora mailing lists shows e-mails with one day delay!

On 3 March 2018 at 14:00, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> That is correct. They are just one of many archivers on the internet
>> that get emails from Fedora and redisplay them. [This is one of the
>> reasons why people who ask us to remove their emails from the archives
>> are asking an impossible task.. there are hundreds of web archivers
>> and thousands of people who have copies of those emails and could put
>> them up.]
>
> The reason people are using spinics.net is because it still shows the
> messages in the familiar pipermail-like format. (Not sure whether they are
> using some version of pipermail or a custom software that just imitates the
> format.) HyperKitty has several drawbacks, e.g., it eats all indentation in
> the mails. It is sad that Fedora no longer provides pipermail archives.

Sure Hyperkitty has drawbacks. Pipermail had drawbacks you complained
about too. You seem to win either way because you can complain if we
don't change stuff, and you can complain if we do change things. It is
really extremely tiring trying to deal with your constant
negativity... so I am going to stop doing so.

>         Kevin Kofler

Stephen J Smoogen.