Re: <DKIM> Re: F29 System Wide Change: Remove GCC from BuildRoot

Le mardi 20 février 2018 à 09:01 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> Le mardi 20 février 2018 à 08:44 +0100, Vít Ondruch a écrit :
> >
> > Dne 19.2.2018 v 17:16 Dennis Gilmore napsal(a):
> > > redhat-rpm-config taht is needed has grown dependencies, as
> > > language
> > > specifc macros have moved into their own space
> >
> > So we removed Perl from buildroot, but there is already something
> > which
> > consumes the saved DL and install size of Perl and on top of that it
> > adds additional 10 MB to DL and 50 MB to installation? Well done ...
>
> That just means language specific macros need more work.
>
> The language-srpm-macros package that should be in the build root now,
> should not require the compiler and lots of heavy packages, but just
> provide a language-specific macro that inserts a
> BuildRequires: language-rpm-macros
>
> with language-rpm-macros doing the heavy lifting and not present in
> the
> build root by default.

(the language-srpm-macros macro can of course do a lot more stuff, such
as mapping the language-specific identifier to an rpm-friendly lowercase
name with the right prefix and separator, as long as it does not need
the whole compiler suite)

--
Nicolas Mailhot