Re: CheckRequire: in spec?

On 14 February 2018 at 08:56, Igor Gnatenko <ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2018-02-14 at 09:39 +0100, Marian Csontos wrote:
> I wonder, when there is a %check in spec, and the testsuite requires
> more packages than BuildRequires, is there a way to have them installed
> only if check is running?

This has been brought up few time... There is nothing like that. The consensus,
IIRC, was to use %bcond_without check and have
%if %{with check}
BuildRequires: ...
%endif

same for %check section itself. I think someone wanted to implement this
generally in RPM, but this didn't happen.

Using such constructions is not compliant with --nocheck rpmbuild command line option.
When I've proposed here CheckRequire few months ago on this list original intention was to use those additional dependency when rpmbuild is not executed with --nocheck option.

kloczek
PS. Igor may I ask you disable use PGP signs in public emails? or at least switch to use PGP signature as MIME attachment? Please ..
I can understand that using PGP is OK or is sometimes necessary when someone who receives your emails needs to be sure that it is your emails.
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH