Re: grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:58:26 +0100, Iago Rubio <iago.rubio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Feel free to buy an MP3 decoder license and donate it to rh.
http://www.mp3licensing.com/help/developer.html#1
http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/amm/legal/index.html
http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/index.html

That's insane.

The decoder license is $60,000. What's that? The revenue RH gets from selling 40 copies of RHEL 3 AS -- with a kernel that's so full of race conditions and deadlocks that we had to wipe our hands of it and just install mainline 2.6 (the system runs quite nicely now) and support that ought to be in the dictionary next to "worthless". It's good if you have problems like

Q: The computer doesn't turn on