Re: Please review use /$ in %files (Was: Re: Escaping macros in %changelog)

On 8 February 2018 at 17:39, Petr Stodulka <pstodulk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
> There's nothing wrong here.

Exactly. IMHO, use of %dir macro for "top" pkg directories is more clean solution, but
doesn't matter in case the rpm is packaged correctly.

I'm sure that in the past it was difference here :|
And I'm sure that I found few specs where it was some issue wen /$ was used.

If I'll not back with some exact examples packages/specs (which I saw in last 2-3 weeks)  in next few days it will mean that I was wrong :/

Nevertheless I found many directories not owned by any packages on my system as result of many upgrades.
There are few common causes of such issues:

- example gluster.spec: does owns many directories %{_libdir}/glusterfs and by this on each upgrade to the next version is left %{_libdir}/glusterfs/<prev.ver> with many empty directories inside. Other case is that set of dependencies between subpackages are not correct and by delete some packages ordering them during remove using dependencies there are left some empty directories

- example libiscis.spec: sometimes it is bug in spec and exact directory is not included in %files (not added %{_libdir}/iscis
  BTW there are two iscsi client libraries in distribution and libiscsi moves clashing library to %{_libdir}/iscis

Probably here is more common cases when after upgrade there is left some not deleted files or directories.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH