Re: F28 Self Contained Change: Removing ldconfig scriptlets

On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 10:04 +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> For those who didn't check Change page since today's morning: Thanks
> to Jason
> Tibbits (tibbs) who proposed %ldconfig_scriptlets macro and its
> implementation.
>
> Now we have 4 macros you could use: %ldconfig, %ldconfig_post,
> %ldconfig_postun, %ldconfig_scriptlets.
>
> So long story short:
> * If you have %post -p /sbin/ldconfig and %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig,
> replace it
> with %ldconfig_scriptlets
> * If you have just one of those, replace it with %ldconfig_post or
> %ldconfig_postun accordingly
> * If you just call to /sbin/ldconfig from one of your scriptlets in
> shell, just
> replace it with %?ldconfig
>
> However, if you are not interested to support distro versions less
> than F28,
> then just remove scriptlets 😉 Although on F28+, those macro expand t
> o nothin
> g so it's just matter of having 1-2 additional lines in spec file.

Hi,

now, building network-manager-applet(fc28) on Fedora 27, it fails:

Full log written to /data/src/fedpkg/network-manager-applet/network-
manager-applet-1.8.10/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/meson-logs/testlog.txt
+ %ldconfig_scriptlets -n libnma
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.YVXizL: line 40: fg: no job control
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.YVXizL (%check)
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.YVXizL (%check)

This doesn't seem right. Can we fix this? It seems very convenient to
be able to build a package for f28 across various Fedora versions,
because that is how I test the package...

See https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/network-manager-applet/c/d6f6981153e4bc1512c0d45d34ca23b4624e4d90?branch=master

best,
Thomas