Re: Fwd: Re: Fedora27: NFS v4 terrible write performance, is async working

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 04:49:41PM +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> I have just tried running the untar on our work systems. These are again
> Fedora27 but newer hardware.
> I set one of the servers NFS exports to just rw (removed the async option in
> /etc/exports and ran exportfs -arv).
> Remounted this NFS file system on a Fedora27 client and re-ran the test. I
> have only waited 10mins but the overal network data rate is in the order of
> 0.1 MBytes/sec so it looks like it will be a multiple hour job as at home.
> So I have two completely separate systems with the same performance over
> NFS.
> With your NFS "sync" test are you sure you set the "sync" mode on the server
> and re-exported the file systems ?

Not being a daredevil, I use "sync" by default:

	# exportfs -v /export <world>(rw,sync,wdelay,hide,no_subtree_check,sec=sys,insecure,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)

For the "async" case I changed the options and actually rebooted, yes.

The filesystem is:

	/dev/mapper/export-export on /export type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,nodelalloc,stripe=32,data=journal)

(I think data=journal is the only non-default, and I don't remember why
I chose that.)

--b.