kernel component on bugzilla and call for "old bugs hunting season" to pen

Hi,

In last two years, I've created something between 10 to 20 tickets against the kernel.
Today after reboot on latest rc9 I found OOPS in dmesg and as usually, my first thought was "raise the ticket". Just after this was second one .. "but none of my kernel tickets has been replied or even closed as DUP!!".

So I've done some search on Bugzilla for kernel tickets in NEW state.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&component=kernel&list_id=8346373&order=changeddate%2Cpriority%2Cbug_severity&product=Fedora&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced

Above shows list of current kernel tickets in NEW state with older tickets on top.
There are 691 such tickets and older is from 2009.

It would be good to clean this mess because in current state opening any new tickets do not make to much sense.

I'm asking for helping anyone who has Bugzilla account.
It would be good to start "bugs hunting season" to close as much as possible already outdated tickets.

All Fedora NEW tickets sorted from oldest as first is possible to display by going to URL:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&list_id=8346395&order=changeddate%2Cpriority%2Cbug_severity&product=Fedora&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced

There is now not closed and in NEW state 14474 such tickets.

1) Probably it would be good start posting one time a week summary stats about Bugzilla tickets. Any volunteer to create such weekly report?

2) Q: do we need new kernel package maintainer or secondary co maintainers?

3) can someone crate stats highest flow of the tickets in Bugzilla per package to find a help for some packages maintainers?

kloczek
PS. Please do not send comments why it happened or who can be blamed personally for this.
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH