Re: Plan to remove libxml2-static

On 24/01/18 13:15 +0000, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
On 24 January 2018 at 11:41, Igor Gnatenko <ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
[..]

> Other changes discarded from my set of changes:

Please, don't mix issues / suggestions. I was asking ONLY about
libxml2-static.

And I'm only using your email to show which other changes your radar does
not detected :P

And the request was that you don't do that. Start a new thread for a
separate issue.

I'm using as well such opportunity show broader context that it is not your
generally your fault but probably result that most of the Fedora developers
instead checking simple are assuring that "because no one in Fedora so far
have been doing such correction this guy must be mad/wrong".
Only with with this broader *context* is possible to understand what I'm
trying to do even by junior-Fedora-packager.
Always in each team of scientists/engineers working on something are able
separate "Me/I" from "We" on demand. For most of such people it is the same
so they are not even trying to play with "how such separation may work?"

Here most likely we have typical communal behavior which in the past caused
forming conclusion that "flying objects heavier than air is not possible".
And it was for quite long time "truth" .. until was born someone who didn't
know "that it is not possible" :)

I'm not trying to tell "I'm this only wise guy among idiots".
Even if if may look/sound like this, it is NEVER my intention.

So again .. (other variant)
Please .. don't be nervous because I'm even trying to blame you :)
Please .. really accept that I'm "eating" rpm packages (recently as hobby)
on breakfast at least few times a week .. every week in ~25 years so I have
deeper knowledge about "rpmology" than probably +90% core RH employees
(contributing or not to Fedora).
Whatever I'm doing as a job today I cannot remove from my head what I've
learn NOT reading documentation but by *doing a lot my own experiments*.
In other words in many cases I'm not claiming some things because I'm
guessing or because I've read something.
No I'm using straight my experience because when I've been starting playing
with rpm documentation was ~"symbolical"  and I had no at all any fiends
using rpm .. physically in a radius +300km (if not way longer distance). At
this time was only handful people doing thing which at this time attracted
me.
Form one side I was unlucky but from opposite side I was at the same time
extremely .. lucky!!! 8-o

I'm really asking you and other Fedora packagers for ONLY have a bit
closer look of what I'm proposing something<<<<
Only this and nothing more :-)

Sorry for above (which off-topic) but I really want to be well understood.
(please do not comment above)

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH