Re: Security updates and batched pushes

On 01/18/2018 10:13 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> But whom does this help? There are still updates going out daily, the
> repodata download cost is still there, the notifications too if you aren't
> doing client-side batching (and if you are, you don't need server-side
> batching to begin with).

It would help people with more minimal package sets more often. On days
with just a handful of updates, it's possible that some users don't use
any of them and thus don't have to get notified.

There is some discussion around possibly forming a formal policy around
batching updates[0]. If we did batch updates more then users would more
often get days when they don't need to download metadata, which would be
nice.

[0] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1820