Re: <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: More Go packaging

----- Mail original -----
De: "Fabio Valentini"

> So, if I understand correctly, both the forge stuff and the new macros for
> go packaging are completely opt-in?
> If that's correct, this looks like the best solution to me - as old
> packages can then be converted one at a time (which I am looking forward to
> doing for my go packages, btw.).

It is fully opt-in. You can also use some parts and ignore others (though it's probably more complex than just using all of it unless you understand the new parts really well).

However I should warn that packaging "new-style" something is likely to force conversion to "new-style" at least some of its deps."Old-style" manual declaration of provides often forgets elements and autodeps have no mercy on missing provides. But, some of the "new-style" specs I did depend on existing Fedora packages I didn't have to touch.

Now that the non-Go part in redhat-rpm-macros is merged in devel I'll try to do a clean PR on go-srpm-macros.

Then once Jan or Jakub accepts it it will be possible to play with the automation in devel and I'll be able to share my specs somewhere (not that the work is finished, but some parts *are* finished and  I'd rather have the people who use those packages to review my conversions rather than redo part of them without sharing existing work)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot