Re: F28 Self Contained Change: Enabling Python Generators

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 08:51:43PM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> = Proposed Self Contained Change: Enabling Python Generators =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/EnablingPythonGenerators

It's great that this is finally happening.

> == Detailed Description ==
> There is RPM dependency generator which is able to automatically add
> Requires/Provides and other types of dependencies based on egg/wheel
> metadata. The part which is generating Provides has been used in
> Fedora since Jun 2016 which means by now all packages which provide
> egg/wheel metadata have Provides: pythonX.Ydist(xyz) added
> automatically. With this change proposal we allow people to opt-in for
> using automatic generation of Requires.

What about BuildRequires? Quite often that list even more work
to generate, and your proposal does not address it in any way.
Do you foresee a separate generator that would be run manually
or some other solution?

Zbyszek