Re: EPEL support in "master" branch (aka speeding up Fedora development)

On Mon, 2018-01-22 at 08:38 +0000, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> Effectively Fedora has not to much from relation with RH *between*
> major EL releases in form of straight contribution to Fedora constant
> changes. They may be sending back some fixes done for RHEL customers
> but that is all. However as we are talking about CVEs and other
> critical changes it is IMO more likely that after submitting such
> fixes to original source code maintainers most of those changes are
> coming to Fedora in form of next version source tar balls than
> patches.

I think this depends on the team(s) that are maintaining the Fedora and
RHEL packages, and whether they are the same or different people. For
the packages I maintain personally in both Fedora and RHEL I make sure
any update to the RHEL (or DTS) package, first goes upstream and then
into the Fedora package. Only after that will it hit the RHEL or DTS
package as a bug fix (through a simple merge, because the spec files
are kept in sync).

Cheers,

Mark