Re: Please stop re-adding gtk-update-icon-cache scriptlets (for Fedora)

On Thu, 2018-01-18 at 20:17 +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on removing all this cruft from all our packages (and
> creating
> conditionals for all packages which have epel branch).

> Unfortunately some maintainers adding them back with conditionals
> like:
> %if 0%{?fedora} < 28 || 0%{?rhel} < 8
>
> 1. Those scriptlets are not needed since ~ F24 era
> 2. You might not know, but 0%{?rhel} on Fedora evaluates to "0" which
> is "< 8",
> so those scriptlets are active.
>
> Also forgive me if your package had some EL* specific conditions and
> I removed
> scriptlets (because there was no epel* branch) -- please use
> %if 0%{?rhel} && 0%{?rhel} <= 7
>
> for them.

Hello ,
BTW I have some questions on how exactly we should deal with EPEL 7 and
6, from old wiki page [1] desktop-database and  mimeinfo  have been
removed and Icon cache too ?  IMHO these info should still be in wiki
and not deleted, maybe also should explain the status on EPEL versions

Maybe more correct scriptlet is:
%if 0%{?fedora} < 25 && 0%{?rhel} < 8

And about appdata how exclude it from EPEL 6 ?

%if 0%{?rhel} > 6 || 0%{?fedora} ?

I'd like that we have some "official" scriptlets for that.

Best regards and thanks.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Packaging:Scriptlets&oldid=468484#mimeinfo

--