Re: Fwd: Re: F28 Self Contained Change: Thunderbolt Enablement

On 08/01/18 09:59, Christian Kellner wrote:

The current design how gnome-shell and boltd work together will avoid showing any prompts at all as long as a) the current user is an admin, b) she is logged in and c) the session is unlocked. We hope that this will take care of most situations where people plug in thunderbolt devices.

I obviously misunderstood... I thought the whole point of the desktop
bit was so it could prompt you when it saw a new device? Ideally I would
have though with the option to allow it once or permanently.

If this is so potentially dangerous what's the logic behind going to all this trouble and then not actually asking the user?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/