Re: F28 System Wide Change: Removal of Sun RPC Interfaces From glibc

On 2018-01-05 14:09, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 01/05/2018 08:10 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Please be aware that not all RPC-dependent packages are "aware" of
>> libtirpc yet.  Notably, KDE's NFS kioslaves (in kdebase3, kde-runtime,
>> and kio-extras) would need to be patched to use libtirpc.  Without such,
>> the packages would rebuild, but without NFS support.
>
> Understood.  There are other packages affected in similar ways.  But we
> have announced the transition roughly ten years ago, and it's clear that
> we can't finish it simply by begging maintainers.  Sorry.

It wasn't meant to be an objection, just a heads-up.  FWIW, I already
have patches for these on Cygwin, where we've used libtirpc exclusively
for some time:

https://github.com/cygwinports/kdebase3/blob/master/3.5.10-libtirpc.patch
https://github.com/cygwinports/kde-runtime/blob/master/15.04.3-libtirpc.patch
https://github.com/cygwinports/kf5-kio-extras/blob/master/16.08.3-nfs-libtirpc.patch

>> Also, does this mean that libtirpc's headers will move out of
>> /usr/include/tirpc?
>
> That's up to the libtirpc maintainer.

It would make silent disablement of NFS less likely, as the headers
would be found by libtirpc-unaware packages.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Software Engineer - Platform Enablement Group