Re: F28 Self Contained Change: VirtualBox Guest Integration

> On Thu, 2018-01-04 at 14:16 +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
>
> I don't understand this one, VirtualBox Guest should *only* be
> installed in an virtual machine .

Workstation already installs guest support for all major virtualization systems *except* VirtualBox by default: hyperv-daemon, open-vm-tools-desktop (VMWare), qemu-guest-agent, and spice-vdagent (GNOME Boxes). It's a shame that only VirtualBox is not supported. It would be nice to change this, so that users do not have to install anything to make Fedora work well in VirtualBox, as is already the case for all other major virtualization platforms.

> Today VirtualBox-server conflicts with VirtualBox-guest-additions and
> vice versa .
>
> I also propose the patch attach, to don't let install VirtualBox-guest-
> additions in host systems, at the time could break the Xorg graphics
> and all windows managers .
> Furthermore at least is just a waste of disk space, for non virtual
> machines and for who don't use VirtualBox.

I don't know anything about this, but of course if it's broken, then we obviously can't do it....

Hopefully the disk space use is insignificant?

Michael