Re: [Proposal] Mass change: remove executing gtk-update-icon-cache in %post/%postu/%postrans to update hicolor theme cache

On 3 January 2018 at 17:41, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
>> Can we remove the gtk-update-icon-cache entries from our packages now,
>> manually, in advance of the mass update?
>
> Before FPC approves that it's really not needed, strictly speaking is violation
> of packaging guidelines...

Just added comment on pagure.io ticket that this case could be a bit
more generic.
Yes, it is possible to remove all gtk-update-icon-cache from
%post/%postu/%postrans and replace them all by file triggers in main
themes packages like it is now in hicolor-icon-theme package.
So IMO Fedora documentation should be modified more in this direction
and those +1300 spec files about hicolor theme icons cache update it
is only ATM biggest part of such simplifications.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH