Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

----- Mail original -----
De: "Adam Williamson"

> My mail is based on a belief that Mozilla is still one of the better
> actors we have to work with in the category of desktop browser
> suppliers,

Adam, I agree it's still one of the better actors, but the better actor bar keeps lowering every year.

Mozilla has progressively redefined its "protect users of the internet" goal to "protect the communication between users and websites", and given how powerful javascript is nowadays that actually means "protect the right of websites to abuse users as they wish". They will lobby for any web standard extension pushed by cloud giants on the grounds it makes the internet better, without any thought for the effects of those extensions on protection of users from abusive websites.

Looking Glass is typical of this mindset: the server/cloud-side defines the rules, in that case server/cloud-side == Mozilla marketing, why should it constrain itself when it fights all year long to give the same power to any random website?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot