Re: What to I have to do....

On 07 Dec 2017, at 5:31 PM, Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where committed to the master branch and not to any other
> branch make the maintenance of those branches a pain
> because I can no longer cherry-pick between branches.
> I have to make multiple commits to multiple branches
> which sucks... Something random people do not understand!

In this case, we have the needs of the Fedora project (this change) stacked up against your needs (your reluctance to perform a task).

The needs of Fedora must win in this case.

The Fedora project, as with all collaborative open source projects, succeeds when the collaborators collaborate. The Fedora project fails when people carve out a niche for themselves and refuse to play nice with others within that niche.

Given your email address, I am going to assume you’re paid by you’re employer to work on Fedora, and are not working on Fedora by your own volition. This is the time when your mentor should step in set some of the ground rules for how you interact with a community.

When you work on Fedora you’re working on a shared codebase that isn’t yours. Other people will make changes to code you’ve worked on, and they are not only allowed to do that, and they should be actively encouraged to do that, and be thanked for their work.

As an end user of Fedora, I am grateful for the work done, including this change, and thank the person who made the change to have taken the time to do it.

Regards,
Graham
—