Re: streamlining fedora-release

El mar, 05-12-2017 a las 07:31 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
escribió:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 12:49:48PM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > El vie, 10-11-2017 a las 09:12 -0500, Neal Gompa escribió:

> > > This would allow us to deduplicate the presets shipped in
> > > generic-release and fedora-release, wouldn't it?
> >
> > We do not keep them in sync between fedora-release and generic-
> > release
> > this is because generic-release is there just to provide an example
> > of
> > how you would setup a -release package for a custom forked OS. it
> > is
> > not intended to be a complete drop in for fedora-release.
>
> It might be still worth doing, just to avoid the duplication.
>
> Anyway, any thoughts on the major parts of my proposal?

I am not opposed to it. I would however like to see a test suite built
up. we have had too many changes that are well intentioned that have
caused major breakages and bugs. So if it came along with the start of
a test suite then sure. The spec itself will need changes to not use a
tarball anymore, I would like to just use the exploded tree all managed
in dist-git than have an awkward set of steps to upload the tarball
that is made from the same location.

Dennis