Re: Mass Pull Request filing for ambiguous Python 2 requirements

Hi,

On 12/06/2017 01:59 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 12:19:24PM +0100, Iryna Shcherbina wrote:
Hi all,
Hi,

It has been a while since the last discussion on Python packages
naming policy, i.e. using "python2" instead of just "python", in
preparation for making "python" mean Python 3. Thanks to zbyszek's
effort, most of the ambiguously named Python packages were renamed
in Rawhide. That has unblocked even more packages which use
"python-" prefixed names in requirements (which is banned by the
policy [0]).
oh, can you wait a bit: I want to do a another batch of renaming.
I started working on the renaming script to handle some more complicated
cases, but I put it off for F27 release and then never got back to it.
I'd try to wrap that up.

This would mean that there'd a few more names to updated, and
I think it'd be better to handle everything at the same time.
We can wait of course, considering that I am also still improving the script. We were anyway planning to do PRs in small batches, so there is still time.
And thanks for doing this!

Zbyszek