Re: Mass Pull Request filing for ambiguous Python 2 requirements

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 12:19:24PM +0100, Iryna Shcherbina wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> It has been a while since the last discussion on Python packages
> naming policy, i.e. using "python2" instead of just "python", in
> preparation for making "python" mean Python 3. Thanks to zbyszek's
> effort, most of the ambiguously named Python packages were renamed
> in Rawhide. That has unblocked even more packages which use
> "python-" prefixed names in requirements (which is banned by the
> policy [0]).

oh, can you wait a bit: I want to do a another batch of renaming.
I started working on the renaming script to handle some more complicated
cases, but I put it off for F27 release and then never got back to it.
I'd try to wrap that up.

This would mean that there'd a few more names to updated, and
I think it'd be better to handle everything at the same time.

Zbyszek