Re: Proven packagers - stop messing with other people packages!!

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 7:33 AM, David Kaspar [Dee'Kej]
<dkaspar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I do not want to point any fingers, so I'll be adressing this to all proven
> packagers...
>
> Stop messing with other people packages without trying to contact them via
> e-mail/IRC, or openind new BZ!
> Especially when you see they are actively maintaining the package and your
> changes are not critical for Fedora to function/boot.
> THIS IS NOT OKAY, AND YOU ARE ABUSING THE RIGHTS YOU WERE GIVEN!
>
> Fedora proven packagers policy
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy) explicitly says:
> "Provenpackagers should try to communicate with owners of a package in
> bugzilla, irc or email prior to making changes. They should be careful not
> to change other people's packages needlessly and try to do the minimal
> changes required to fix problems, ..."
>
> Last note to proven packagers: You're not BDFLs - so start acting according
> to it. Thank you!

While I'm sure this is well intentioned, it's not actually going to
solve anything.  You're shouting at an entire group of people, 99% of
whom likely have no context for what you're upset about.

Perhaps you could provide some examples of what the actual problems are.

josh