[HEADS UP] Dropping i2c-tools-devel, introducing libi2c and libi2c-devel

Hi,

I'm rebasing i2c-tools to 4.0 in Rawhide (F28) and the rebase involves
dropping the i2c-tools-devel subpackage and introducing libi2c and
libi2c-devel. The change will happen only in F28.

For a long time, i2c-tools bundled their own version of
/usr/include/linux/i2c-dev.h which, compared to the kernel version of
the file, additionally contained definitions from <linux/i2c.h> and
inline functions i2c_smbus_*() taken from the kernel.

Until recently, i2c-tools in Fedora did not include the i2c-dev.h file,
probably because of the name collision. Recently, upon request, I
included the header file in a new i2c-tools-devel subpackage in a
separate subdirectory /usr/include/i2c-tools. However upstream now came
with their own solution of the problem: they eliminated the differences
between the different versions of <linux/i2c-dev.h> and put the
i2c-tools specific stuff to a proper shared library libi2c.so and
<i2c/smbus.h> header file.

So in order to follow upstream, I'm now dropping the i2c-tools-devel
package containing the i2c-dev.h file and introducing libi2c{,-devel}
containing libi2c.so and <i2c/smbus.h>.

Applications using libi2c in Fedora should now use:
#include <linux/i2c-dev.h>
#include <i2c/smbus.h>

instead of:
#include <i2c-tools/i2c-dev.h>

and link with '-li2c'. The API remains compatible however.

More information at
https://i2c.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Plans_for_I2C_Tools_4

According to dnf (dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide --alldeps
--whatrequires i2c-tools-devel), there are currently no packages
requiring the removed i2c-tools-devel. I already pushed the rebased
i2c-tools to dist-git and I'll build it on Monday 2017-12-04.

Best regards
Ondřej Lysoněk