Re: Proposal to increase the beta freeze to 3 weeks

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Randy Barlow
<randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings fellow Fedorans!
>
> During today's FESCo meeting[0], there was discussion around a proposal
> to increase the freeze period from 2 weeks to 3 weeks[1]. Several
> members of FESCo thought this proposal might be unpopular with Fedora
> developers, so a compromise proposal was made: increase the beta freeze
> to 3 weeks, but keep the stable freeze at 2 weeks[2].
>
> We would like to ask for feedback from the Fedora community about this
> proposal. Feel free to reply here, or comment on the FESCo ticket.
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
>
>  [0]
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2017-11-17/fesco.2017-11-17-16.03.html
> [1] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1790
> [2] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1790#comment-480090

If anything, I'd rather see the freezes shortened. With how fast we do
composes and things like that, I do not see a good reason to make
longer freezes. This last freeze was incredibly annoying. At least for
me, it led me to have to wait for my Bodhi updates to merge long after
they've reached karma...