Re: plan to update F27 to systemd-235

On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 12:17:15PM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 03:04:12PM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> systemd 235 was released today. A large number of issues was closed
> >> upstream, including many bug fixes, documentation updates, and
> >> long-standing RFEs. There are some new features, but relatively few
> >> entirely new features or changes in behaviour that impact other
> >> services. There also are no (intentional) breaking changes.
> >
> > What happened to systemd stable
> > (https://github.com/systemd/systemd-stable)?  The last commit is in
> > 2013.
> >
> > I think it'd be better if systemd had a stable branch and that's what
> > we used for anything (except Rawhide of course).
> >

> There's already a v235 branch:
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd-stable/tree/v235-stable
>
> My understanding is that it's used to maintain backports from systemd
> development for distributions to use, and Fedora leverages that
> already.

Yes. Those branches are very closely aligned with the systemd packages
in different Fedora branches, because I push all the backported fixes
which are generally applicable (not specific to Fedora) there.
So there's v235-stable (with one commit post v235), and v234-stable with
some commits from the v234..v235 time, etc. Each commit should have
a "cherry picked from ..." annotation.

Zbyszek