Re: Is it possible to upload new sources of a package from a URL?

/*Matthew Miller*/ wrote on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:28:07 -0400:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 11:38:07PM +0000, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
If data volume is expensive or difficult for you, you could
look into renting a (virtual) private server and then devel-
oping there via ssh.  Offers usually start at less than
$ 5,-/month.  (I'm not aware of free solutions; it's proba-
bly easier to solicit donations for one's own server than to
get access on someone else's.)
Thanks. Doesn't look expensive, but if it is only used for occasional package builds, it is probably still a waste.

There is a thing called "DPLY" which gives free access to a Digital
Ocean-based droplet for 2 hours (you can pay for more).

Here's the link to deploy Fedora 26: https://dply.co/b/f4BVCJuS

It's only a small instance and not suitable for a lot of things, but
might be good enough to validate and upload your large sources.
Thanks, it looks more promising for such tasks, I'll bookmark it.

However, is it really that hard/problematic/.. for Fedora to support such a use case? Certainly it'd be much more convenient for packagers if such a small (at least, this is how I look at it!) enhancement is made.

If yes, then apparently using a third-party system is the only option.

Thanks,
Hedayat