Re: Is it possible to upload new sources of a package from a URL?

Hedayat Vatankhah <hedayat.fwd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> […]
> Yes, but even if I'm forced to download locally, it is much
> better than being forced to upload it again. (Also, note
> that the current process doesn't prevent MITM if it happens
> when I download the source).
> Also, it is easier to schedule the download for a time when
> it is cheaper (or free), but it'd be harder to do it for an
> upload since it requires authentication.

> […]

If data volume is expensive or difficult for you, you could
look into renting a (virtual) private server and then devel-
oping there via ssh.  Offers usually start at less than
$ 5,-/month.  (I'm not aware of free solutions; it's proba-
bly easier to solicit donations for one's own server than to
get access on someone else's.)

Tim