Re: Package add request

On lundi 25 septembre 2017 21:27:34 CEST adel.ks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am contacting you here because I have found this thread [1] on
> askfedora, I hope I am not bothering by sending this mail (in the wrong
> list). If I am doing so, please accept my excuses in advance...
>
> So! I am the author of ZeGrapher [2], a very intuitive math plotting
> software that exists since 2011.
> Being a user of Fedora for more than ten years, adding ZeGrapher's
> package to the distro is one of my goals since its beginning. I thought
> I'd do so myself but unfortunately I haven't had the time to learn how
> to, since I am the only developer and website maintainer (the packaging
> how-to is kinda discouraging too). Thus I am contacting you to ask if
> someone would be willing to maintain its package: no big deal, the
> source code is available on Github and it uses only Qt (and Boost for
> only one small function). The software is approximately updated once a
> year.
>
> Please feel free to contact me for any question or request.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Adel Kara Slimane
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/106042/where-do-i-request-new-pack
> ages-to-be-added-to-the-fedora-repos/ [2] http://mail.ovh.net/zegrapher.com

Hello Adel,

I've packaged your app on COPR [1] for now and I'll ask a package review
tomorrow morning (UTC+2) or when you'll have fixed the points below.

Please note that there is a typo in the French description of your .desktop
file:

Comment[fr]=Logiciel de tacé de courbes

Some of the source files included in the source archive have executable
permissions, which is not right:

ZeGrapher-3.0.1:
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 3,9k bob  6 mars 17:42  Structures.h
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 2,2k bob  6 mars 17:42  main.cpp

ZeGrapher-3.0.1/Calculus:
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 6,4k bob  6 mars 17:42 polynomial.cpp
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 2,5k bob  6 mars 17:42 polynomial.h
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 7,9k bob  6 mars 17:42 polynomialregression.cpp
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 2,8k bob  6 mars 17:42 polynomialregression.h
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 2,1k bob  6 mars 17:42 regression.cpp
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 1,9k bob  6 mars 17:42 regression.h
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 8,6k bob  6 mars 17:42 settings.cpp

ZeGrapher-3.0.1/Windows:
>.rwxr-xr-x@ 8,6k bob  6 mars 17:42 settings.cpp
>.rwxr-xr-x@  10k bob  6 mars 17:42 settings.ui

Please fix this, hopefully in a 3.0.2 release?

Also it would be nice to include an INSTALL file or instructions in the
README.md on how to build your app and what are the required dependencies.
You might also consider Flatpak or Appimage for disribution to other Linux
distro.

Best regards,

Robert-André

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/eclipseo/zegrapher/