Re: Combining repo/branch requests with POC changes for orphaned/retired packages

Thanks for the info Kevin, with all the changes going on in the last
few months it's hard to keep up with everything.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/21/2017 11:19 AM, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
>> A few days ago there was a thread here, where the reasoning behind not
>> automating repo creation was explained and I am fine with keeping a
>> choke point under human control, but is it really necessary to break
>> down the whole process into so many steps, that require human
>> intervention? With PkgDB we had to file a single request in rhbz for a
>> new repo, all the branches and ownership change. Does releng really
>> want all that on its plate, or is this situation temporary, until the
>> kinks in pagure are ironed out?
>
> Its temporary.
>
> My understanding is that soon fedpkg will be able to request all this
> (wrapping the fedrepo-req details).
>
> See:
> https://pagure.io/fedpkg/issue/137
>
> We should make sure and ask that you can request the new package and all
> the branches you want at the same time.
>
> Also see:
> https://pagure.io/fedrepo_req/issue/92
> and
> https://pagure.io/fedrepo_req/pull-request/106
> (which is already in stable in f26 at least)

All that would be really nice to have.

Would
https://pagure.io/fedrepo_req/issue/64
solve the POC change issue? That was a bit frustrating, because after
passing the review process, I scheduled my other engagements on the
assumption that getting commit access would take a couple of days at
worst and five days later I'm still waiting for that (again, my
mistake and all, assumption being the mother of all hiccups). I guess
the team has been really stretched thin dealing with that huge number
of tickets.