Combining repo/branch requests with POC changes for orphaned/retired packages

Hello all,

Until last week, I hadn't gone through the new process for requesting
repos and branches or unretiring and unorphaning packages and though I
had read the "WhatHappenedToPkgdb" page, none of the intricacies had
stuck.
After a previously orphaned and retired package got approved, I filed
a request for the repo, separate requests for each branch and after
another day of not being able to push into the remote, I realized that
I had to file a POC change request as well (my mistake, obviously).
A few days ago there was a thread here, where the reasoning behind not
automating repo creation was explained and I am fine with keeping a
choke point under human control, but is it really necessary to break
down the whole process into so many steps, that require human
intervention? With PkgDB we had to file a single request in rhbz for a
new repo, all the branches and ownership change. Does releng really
want all that on its plate, or is this situation temporary, until the
kinks in pagure are ironed out?

Thanks
Alex