Re: OCaml / aarch64 / binutils / coq mess

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 08:38:57PM -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Nearly done it.  Unfortunately I updated ‘why’ to the latest upstream
> > version (the previous one didn't know about OCaml 4.05), however that
> > will require updating ‘frama-c’:
> >
> >   configure: WARNING: bad Frama-c version "Silicon-20161101", you need version Phosphorus
> >
> > At that point I stopped.  Would you mind updating and rebuilding
> > ‘frama-c’ and ‘why’ in both Rawhide and F27?
>
> Yep.  That's why, earlier in this thread, I said:
>
> BTW, most of the packages that sit on top of coq have new versions
> available, so when this is fixed, I will want to update the other
> packages anyway.  If you could let me know when a fix for this issue
> is available, I will take care of building everything else.
>

> I guess what I should have said was, "Don't rebuild anything that sits
> on top of coq.  I'll take care of all of the builds since I have to do
> some updates anyway."  Sorry for not being clearer.  I'll get those
> updates done in the next day or two.  Thanks a lot for the aarch64 bug
> fix.  I appreciate the work you put in on this.

Great, thanks.  Don't forget that you need to submit updates for F27
packages and probably build overrides too using the clunky web
interface:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/overrides/new

(Apparently the bodhi command line build override mechanism is broken,
at least, I couldn't work out how to fix it.)

Rich.