Re: RFC: retiring yum

On 09/01/2017 02:21 PM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
This is true and we have plans to implement this, but problem is that
we don't know how to represent data. When it is about installing some
packages -- it's more or less easy to show, but when upgrades /
downgrades are involved it becomes way more complicated.

If you have some actual suggestions -- feel free to contact me off list
or post them here. ☺

I won't claim to be a huge fan of the way that yum insisted on spewing
detailed dependency information, but it did provide the information
require to answer those "Why does Inkscape require mdadm?" type
questions.

I would think that format could be a starting point (shown only when
--verbose or some other option is used).  As far as I remember, yum
shows this information for both installs and upgrades; I'm not sure
about downgrades.