Re: CI projects in Copr

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:43:38 AM CEST Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:18:39 PM CEST Michal Novotny wrote:
> > We are considering the options here and so far the most convenient method (at
> > least from the implementation point of view) seems to be to automatically call
> > `make srpm` command in the source git repo if user selects `make srpm` as a
> > srpm generator method
>
> I'm curious why you insist on 'make srpm';  that sounds like you try to push the
> copr users somewhere, to "standardize something".
>
> Please allow specifying custom script, relatively placed in the git repository.
> That's exactly the same thing, but users don't have to create Makefile "because
> copr ..." -- users just can use what they already have.

Ok, even better -> allow specifying custom command, like:

Git Repo:
    something.somewhere.git/project/foo
Command to get sources:
    cd packaging/rpm/fedora ; SOMEVAR=something ./generate-rpm.sh --some-arg
Packages needed to obtain sources:
    help2man, gettext-devel, wget, git-lfs
SRPM pattern:
    packaging/rpm/fedora/xyz*.src.rpm

The pattern is important;  plus we should declare that only the first matched
srpm is going to be built.

> > We will probably also add a field to differentiate between srpm buildroot
> > packages and rpm buildroot packages and also make this setting available
> > across all project chroots.
>
> Thanks for this!

Btw., copr builds three (or four?) SRPMs.  First it generates (or it is planned
to generate) the SRPM from upstream source, then builder goes and generates the
SRPM from dist-git, and last time it generates SRPM during the RPM build (this
used to have one additional SRPM build I guess in mock).

It should be clear that you specify "build deps" only for **the first** SRPM
preparation, before it is even imported into copr dist-git.

Pavel