Re: CI projects in Copr

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:18:39 PM CEST Michal Novotny wrote:
> We are considering the options here and so far the most convenient method (at
> least from the implementation point of view) seems to be to automatically call
> `make srpm` command in the source git repo if user selects `make srpm` as a
> srpm generator method

I'm curious why you insist on 'make srpm';  that sounds like you try to push the
copr users somewhere, to "standardize something".

Please allow specifying custom script, relatively placed in the git repository.
That's exactly the same thing, but users don't have to create Makefile "because
copr ..." -- users just can use what they already have.

> for his (or her) SCM project (this will be a select
> field in UI and also it will be a build parameter available in our future
> API). That means it would be a custom script
> placed inside a Makefile under srpm goal. Custom packages needed for this
> operation could be
> specified in minimal buildroot of the given chroot (in chroot settings).
>
> We will probably also add a field to differentiate between srpm buildroot
> packages and rpm buildroot packages and also make this setting available
> across all project chroots.

Thanks for this!

Pavel